One of my favorite dinners is to make pizza and cook it on the BBQ. Only so many fit on the grill so don't make them when everyone is starving!! I love how everyone makes their own, so everyone is happy. I also love the crunchiness of them. I haven't experimented with my regular pizza dough recipe, this one just came with the recipe but not sure why any other dough wouldn't work. YUMMY!!! SIDE NOTE: a few months ago our electricity went out just as we were going to make cookies. I thought why not try cooking them on the BBQ. I grabbed a cast iron skillet and dropped the rounded balls on one and on the other skillet I pressed it down flat as to make bars. It worked perfectly and they tasted great. So next time you want to try something different try some BBQ cookies. :)
BBQ Pizza
Dough:
1 1/4 cups warm water, divided
1 packet yeast
4 cups flour (I've done half wheat and half white)
1 tsp salt
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 T honey
Mix yeast and 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes to activate yeast. Measure 3 1/2 cups flour into a large bowl and add yeast, oil, honey and remaining 1 cup of water. Add more flour/water if necessary. Mix til soft dough forms. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise 1 hour.
Divide the dough as needed whether making 4 large pizzas or 8 smaller ones....Roll out each dough ball with a rolling pin into a circle that's 1/8 inch thick. Carefully slide the pizza dough onto the grill. Grill the pizza for about 4 minutes or until browned. Pop any of the large bubbles that may form in the crust. Flip the pizza over and brush with a little olive oil and top with your favorite topping. You don't have to use as much toppings as you normally do and less cheese is the best way to go. Close the BBQ cover and let cook about 5 minutes. If the underside gets too cooked, move it to a cooler part of the grill so as to give the toppings time to melt and warm up.
1 comment:
My favorite part about this recipe is no pizza dish to wash only the Bosch bowl. So nice.
Post a Comment