Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Easy Dinner Idea

So do you ever have those days where you really don't want to cook, not really hungry for a big meal..but it is dinnertime so you need to put something on the table and you already had cereal that day. Well here is one of our favorites:

Creamed Tuna on Toast- 4T butter, 3T flour...melt the butter in a saucepan..add flour and cook for about 2 min. Slowly add 1 1/2 cups milk and stir until thickened. Drain 1 can tuna and mix that in. Spoon over a piece of toast or as we did today some leftover wheat rolls. Add a bit of shredded cheese and chopped tomatoes, maybe even a piece or 2 of spinach. VOILA ...dinner is served. My kids aren't a fan of tuna sandwiches, but seem to gobble this one up.

I made this tonight (1 1/2 times the recipe and add 2 cans tuna)... I used the Can't Believe It's Butter stuff and nonfat milk....so it's now officially a healthy meal as well. We had salad and bananas as our side and I even made my favorite eggs in the microwave...that I will save for another post. :)

1 comment:

cej said...

On the sister cafe blog they make crowns out of their bread. They place the slice of bread inside muffin tins and press the middle down so the sides make the tips of the crown. Then bake until a little toasted.
I think this would be fun with this meal.