Say goodbye to Bisquik!! This is my favorite pancakes to make! I feel like they are healthy and the kids haven't even complained....It seems that I have to use 1 1/2 cups of mix, but she says if you use just 1 cup and let it sit 5-10min it soaks up...I don't usually have time to let it sit so I just add the extra 1/2 cup. I usually just make my yogurt so I add that instead of buttermilk...but I have also just added regular milk, they tend to not be as light when I do that but oh well. Also thought of maybe adding pdw milk to the mix and then all you have to add is water and egg..
Oatmeal Pancake Mix - My Kitchen Cafe
*Makes 10 cups of dry mix
3 1/2 cups rolled (quick) oats
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixer with a paddle (or by hand). With mixer on slow speed (or gently by hand), drizzle the vegetable oil into the bowl slowly while the mixer is running. When all the oil has been added, stop the mixer and squeeze a clump of mix in your hand. If it stays together, it is just right. If it is still crumbly, add another tablespoon of oil at a time until the consistency is correct (I’ve never had to add additional oil). Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks at room temperature or indefinitely in the refrigerator or freezer.
To make the pancakes: whisk together 1 cup of mix, 1 cup buttermilk (a combination of half plain yogurt and half milk will also work), and 1 egg. The mixture may seem thin at first but the oats will soak up the milk as it stands while the griddle preheats. Heat a griddle and drop the batter onto it. When the edges look dry and bubbles come to the surface and don’t break, turn the pancake over to finish cooking on the second side. As a sidenote, buttermilk can be frozen indefinitely for future batches of pancakes, so it’s worth keeping it around!
No comments:
Post a Comment